Cadet & Graduate – North Sydney
Mazars has opportunities for graduates and undergraduates to start this year or next.
Why start at Mazars?
You’ve studied hard, earned great results, and now you’re ready to take on the world. And if you’re looking for a place where you’ll be valued as a team member and given genuine opportunities to succeed, Mazars is the smart choice.
A globally integrated audit, tax and advisory firm, Mazars has offices in more than 90 countries – and we’re continuing to grow here in Australia. We’re big enough to work with world-class clients across many different sectors, which means you could gain diverse experience right across the globe. And we’re just the right size to support your learning and development in a personal way – and make sure your contributions never go unnoticed.
We carefully select our Cadets and Graduates for the individual qualities they bring to the team and invest in making you the best you can be. So much is possible at Mazars.
About our programs:
- Recruitment journey – Applications are open. The program will commence this year or next as we can accommodate individual needs. Resumes will be screened, and successful resumes will be invited to attend either group interviews or individuals. Shortlisted applicants will have a chance to meet on a one-to-one basis with the team manager, gathering further insights into the role and company. Look out for us at the campus events with UNSW, UTS, Macquarie, Sydney University, CA, and more.
- Best start – Before you join Mazars, we will make you feel part of the team and keep you connected with invitations to team events and social gatherings
- Mentor/buddy scheme – As a Graduate or Cadet, you will be allocated a buddy within the firm that you will meet during your first week, who is there to help you settle in. Your buddy will show you everything from how to log on, who’s who, where the best coffee shop is located and much more. We will match you with one of our experienced professionals to help you develop and guide you through this important career stage.
- Training/learning – As a Graduate or Cadet, you will belong to a cohort, and together you will have specialised training sessions throughout the year to bring you up to speed. In addition, you will have invaluable on-the-job training and skills delivered by experts within the business and external providers. We offer online learning via LinkedIn, sharing content on fundamental career skills on which to build the foundations of your career.
- Team activities – We want our teams to have fun too! Activities focus on building your team, planning and communication skills on projects such as fundraising, social activities and a presentation to the partner group.
The Graduate program:
- The Graduate program is a permanent full-time position structured as s 12 months program where you are given the training and opportunity to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Suitable for students graduating this year or with the last 18 months.
The Cadet program for undergraduates:
- An exciting opportunity for ambitious individuals looking to start their career while completing university studies.
- Your daily role/duties will be carried out over three days (or 22.5 hours a week), allowing you to manage and attend your university schedule.
- You can start a Cadetship at any year of university.
- Studying or completed a Bachelor's degree with a major in Accounting
- Full working rights for Australia
- Willing to undertake/already undertaking the Chartered Accountants Program (or CPA)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work full-time as a Graduate or part-time as a Cadet
- Be able to our North Sydney office at least three days a week
We believe that Mazarians should be rewarded for their work, so we offer a range of financial and non-financial benefits to support and reward our people. At our North Sydney location, you can expect the following:
- Well-being program
- Well-being allowance
- Recharge day
- Volunteering day
- Flu vaccinations
- Learning and development programs
- Social club activities, charity and community events
- Study assistance (financial support & study leave)
- Flexible working
- Employee referral rewards
- Paid professional memberships
- Employee assistance program
- Parental leave payment
- Discounts on banking & insurance, health insurance, retail and entertainment, health and well-being
- International and domestic mobility opportunities
At Mazars, we nurture an inclusive environment and encompass diversity in all forms. Successful applicants will receive consideration for employment irrespective of their background, experience, identity, age, gender or ability.
All applicants must be either an Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or hold a current valid Australian working visa with full working rights. You may be required to provide evidence at the time of application.
Mazars does, from time to time, seek assistance from external recruitment agencies that we have strong relationships with, however currently, we are only considering direct applications for this role.
Please visit our Careers website for more information at www.mazarscareers.com.au.